MOSES AT THE MOUNTAINS
- Moses At Mount Horeb
- Exodus 3:1-17
At Mount Horeb, Moses was called by God to deliver His people.
- Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16
We are called to do likewise.
- 1 Corinthians 9:16; Acts 4:18-20
We should do so with determination!
- Moses At Mount Sinai
- Exodus 19:1-25
At Mount Sinai, God impressed upon Moses and the people His reverence.
- Psalm 89:7
He is to be esteemed sacred by all.
- Exodus 31:18
At Mount Sinai, Moses received from God the law for Israel.
- Galatians 3:23-25
We are no longer bound to keep that same law.
- James 1:22-25; 2:12; 1 Corinthians 9:21
Nevertheless, in Christ, there is a law to keep.
- Moses At Mount Nebo
- Deuteronomy 3:23-27; 32:48-52; 34:1-8
At Mount Nebo (Pisgah), Moses died in view of the promised land, yet outside it.
- Numbers 20:1-12
This happened as the result of sin.
- 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
Sin precludes entry to the promised land of heaven.
- 2 Samuel 12:1-14; Luke 23:39-43
Even sin that has been repented of often bears consequences.
- Jude 9; Deuteronomy 29:29
Some things, such as the location of Moses' corpse, remain unknown.
- Moses At The Holy Mountain
- Luke 9:28-36; 2 Peter 1:16-18
At the holy mountain, Moses was present for the glorification of Christ in His transfiguration.
- Deuteronomy 18:15-19; 34:10-12; John 1:45; Acts 3:13-26; Hebrews 3:1-6
In the transfiguration, Christ's superiority over Moses was evident. Moses, and all the prophets who followed him, foretold of Christ, the great prophet who would eventually come.
- Revelation 15:3-4; Exodus 15:1-19; Deuteronomy 32:22, 30-44
The heavenly song of Moses is a song of praise for Christ, even as his earthly songs gave praise to God.
Download The PDF
Back To The Archives...